CCNP Practice Exam Questions:
BSCI Exam - Multicasting Question Set #3
Vital Reading And Watching For All Cisco Certification Candidates:
The July 2010 CCNP Changes (And How To Beat Them!)
Here's the third in a series of BSCI practice exams on multicasting!
Answers are at the bottom of the page, and you can find more CCNP Practice Exams as well when you're done with this one!
Join our Twitter conversation on the left side of this page for immediate notification on the posting of new answers and questions, additions to our YouTube Cisco Certification Channel, and more!
Enjoy the questions!
"The Computer Certification Bulldog"
Of IGMP versions 1, 2, and 3, which ones offer source filtering?
Before configuring an interface for multicasting, what global command must be issued?
A. cdp enable
B. ip multicast-routing
C. ip pim
D. None is needed.
What is the net effect of the ip igmp static-group command?
A. Router joins multicast group and forwards group packets
B. Router forwards that group's packets, but does not join that group
C. Router joins the group, does not forward group packets
D. Router neither joins the group nor does it forward group packets
Which of the following uses the "flood and prune" technique?
A. PIM Sparse
B. IGMP V3
C. IGMP V2
D. PIM Dense
What reserved multicast address is assigned to the "all hosts on this subnet" group?
Which of the following uses the concept of the "rendezvous point"?
A. IGMP v2
B. IGMP v3
C. PIM Sparse
D. PIM Dense
What reserved multicast address is used by PIM prune messages?
Answers are at the bottom of the page!
Earn Your CCNP With The Personal Guarantee Of Chris Bryant, CCIE #12933:
“I GUARANTEE You'll Pass The Current CCNP Exams - BSCI, ONT, ISCW, and BCMSN - Before The July 31, 2010 Cutoff Date With My CCNP Study Packages ...
... And If You Don't Pass FOR ANY REASON Before That Time, I'll Give You a 100% Free CCNP Study Package Download For The New Exam Track!"
You Also Get A FREE CCNA Security Study Package, Valued at $67, With The Purchase Of Any CCNP Study Package!
1. Only IGMPv3 offers source filtering, which is the ability of a host to indicate the group it wants to join and the desired source of the multicast traffic.
2. "B". You'll need the ip multicast-routing command.
3. "B". The ip igmp static-group command configures a router to forward packets for the named multicasting group, but the router doesn't actually join the group.
4. "D". When you hear "flood and prune", you're talking about PIM Dense.
5. The "all hosts on this segment" group uses the reserved multicast address 220.127.116.11.
6. "C". PIM Sparse uses the rendezvous point.
7. PIM Prune messages use the reserved multicast address 18.104.22.168.
Ready for more CCNP Practice Exams?